Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket
HD PVR Rocket: carry a personal HD video recorder in your pocket!
Record and stream your Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PC game play in full 1080p HD!
HD PVR Rocket is portable and USB bus powered. Record your best game play at gaming events or at your friends home. Simply plug a USB thumb drive into the slot on the front of the Rocket and you can start recording from your games console or PC. Plug a microphone into the front of the Rocket and record your game commentary too!
HD PVR Rocket records video at up to 1080p and can record from either HDMI (without HDCP protection) or Component Video.
New! Now stream your gameplay with Twitch or YouTube with Hauppauge Capture and StreamEez!
- Pocket sized, stand alone video recorder. With built-in microphone mixer for recording game commentary
- Record Xbox, PlayStation and PC games
- Stream your video game play with Twitch or YouTube in the PC connect mode
- USB powered for portable recording
- Also supports PC connect mode for recording, streaming and uploading to YouTube
Record your game commentary with Rocket's built-in audio mixer
HD PVR Rocket has a build-in audio mixer, so you can record game commentary while you record your video game play. Simply plug a microphone into the mic jack on the front of the Rocket, and then use the mixer panel (conveniently mounted on top of the Rocket) to adjust the volume of your microphone before it's mixed with your game audio. Your recordings will have the audio from your game along with your game commentary!
Record your videos to a USB thumb drive
When used stand alone, the Rocket records your videos to a USB thumb drive. Simply plug a thumb drive into the connector mounted on the front of the Rocket, plug the USB power cable into a USB port on your game console, and start recording!
Make your own YouTube channel and share your best game play with your friends
Once you have made your recordings, you can share them with your friends on YouTube. Make your own YouTube channel and get famous!
New! Now stream your game play with the Rocket
The latest version of Hauppauge Capture now provides streaming support for the Rocket with the best gaming services: Twitch and YouTube. Stream your game play live to hundreds or thousands of fans!
Amazing HD audio and video quality
HD PVR Rocket records at resolutions up to 1080P30 using H.264 video compression. The H.264 format is used by Blu-ray discs and exceeds other video compression standards in quality and disk space consumption, providing a crisp image and amazing digital sound. H.264 uses 1/3 the disk space compared with the popular MPEG-2 format.
Rocket can also be connected to your PC to make game recordings directly to your computer's disk
HD PVR Rocket also can be connected to your PC so your recordings can go directly to the disk drive inside your PC. Use the Hauppauge Capture application to record game play, trim your videos and upload them to YouTube.
HD PVR Rocket for PC gamers: your personal HD recorder for your game play
Record your best gaming moves without slowing down your PC. The video compression is done inside HD PVR Rocket so you can record your PC game play in HD without slowing down your PC. Simply plug the HDMI out from your PC gaming system into the HD PVR 2, and then connect HD PVR Rocket to your TV monitor.
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- PS4 (with update from Sony)
- PC game systems (requires HDMI output on your PC game system)
- Some retro game consoles such as the Nintendo 64
- Hardware encoder:
- H.264 AVCHD high definition video encoder, video encode up to 1080p30 from HDMI or component video.
- No delay HDMI pass through:
- HDMI or component in to HDMI out.
- Recording data rate:
- 1 to 18 Mbits/sec.
- Recording formats:
- MP4 in standalone mode, TS in PC connected mode.
- USB thumb drive compatibility
- USB 2.0 or USB 3.0
- Size: from 1GB to 32GB
- Minimum transfer rate: 2.5 Mbytes/sec
- External hard disc compatibility: any self powered external storage drive ( up to 500GB ) with at least 2.5Mbytes/sec transfer rate
- Audio mixer:
- Mixes game audio with microphone audio
- Supports both powered and unpowered microphones.
- Microphone volume adjust, +20db boost and mute.
- Input/output connections:
- HDMI from Xbox, PC game systems or other HDMI sources without HDCP.
- 3.5mm microphone jack.
- USB thumb drive connector.
- HDMI output.
- 4.75 inches x 3.5 inches x 1.5 inches.
- 5v @ 0.9 amps
- Weight: 4.6 oz
- Bundled with Hauppauge Capture software applicaiton:
- Record your game play to your PC.
- Record game commentary with game audio.
- Fast trim.
- Upload to YouTube.